- + VIEW
Technical Production Manager
We are currently looking for a Technical Production Manager to join the Technical Team. You will be working closely with the Production House and reporting directly to the Head of Technical.
We are currently looking for a Technical Production Manager to join the in-house technical team. You will be working closely with the Production House and reporting directly to our Technical Director and will be expected to assist in mentoring Junior Technical Production Managers and any interns within the department.
The Technical House plays a vital role in the delivery of our events, pioneering new technologies and innovations to deliver onsite technical production. Our team of Technical Directors, Managers, Coordinators and CAD Draftsmen work closely with the Production, Creative, Logistics & Digital Houses to develop the event specification from a technical perspective including but not limited to lighting, sound, AV, staging, IT, and construction. With the range of indoor and outdoor events at innovision, the Technical House comprises a group of individuals with a diverse range of skills and experience in executing projects in a safe, skilful and creative manner.
With the range of indoor and outdoor events at innovision, the Technical House comprises a group of individuals with a diverse range of skills and experience in executing projects in a safe, skilful and creative manner.
There are currently 6 members of the Technical House, supported by a trusted team of innovision associates as required.
- Being a point of technical expertise for both clients and internal staff
- Responsible for technical production across all events with a range of budgets
- Managing the CAPEX asset used within the government projects
- Hands-on production management of events through a flexible approach to maintain quality of delivery whilst protecting margin
- Overseeing the scheduling of all technical aspects of projects, both during pre-production and on-site
- Responsible for pricing, budgeting and negotiating on aspects of the technical production budget
- Ensuring your projects are to budget and agreed timescales are achieved
- Being involved in project kick-off and brainstorm meetings
- Taking briefs from internal staff in order to establish the information you need to pull together the technical production budget.
- Prepare technical responses to tenders and pitches
- Liaising with the Account Team to help them manage client expectations effectively
- Liaising with the Creative House in how to design impressive productions cleverly to remain well within budget
- Working on projects of all sizes and budgets as required
- Developing/maintaining relationships with preferred suppliers and potential new suppliers to improve capabilities
- Developing projects scope of works / alongside creatives and PM’s
- Building credibility and maintaining strong relationships with all freelance crew and building a great depth of preferred crew
- Briefing and overseeing environmental design and installations (stage sets, exhibition stands, etc.)
- Awareness of latest Health & Safety guidelines and Risk Assessment issues
- Providing advice and assisting the team in mentoring and developing more junior members of the Technical House
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of (new) technical solutions on the market
- Work across multiple projects with multiple clients at the same time.
- Company finance responsibilities including procurement Paprika entry, timesheets and credit card reconciliation
- Adhere to company processes and templates, in line with our Quality Management System.
- Present a professional image at all times, both in the Studio, onsite and at stakeholder meetings
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Candidates must have strong event production experience within an agency environment with a minimum of 8 years within the technical events industry, with the added experience of both in and outdoor productions. Candidates with real drive, ambition and commitment and desire to progress have an opportunity to develop quickly.
• 8+ years’ experience in a similar role
• 6+ years’ event agency experience within a technical / production manager role
• Formal H&S qualifications preferred but not required
• Proficient operational knowledge of AutoCAD
• To be proficient in all software packages used within office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Full clean driving licence (preferred but not essential)
• UK National or relevant permissions to work in the UK
innovision is a full-service live event and digital experience specialist. Since 1997, we’ve been creating unique and iconic experiences for everyone from household names and challenger brands, to sports organisations, large corporations and governments – both internationally and in the domestic market. You’ll find us tucked away in the middle of London’s Regent’s Park – a place we’re proud to call home.
Our brand promise, Creative + Certain, sits at the heart of everything we do at innovision; it’s the hallmark of our business and the benchmark of every decision we make. Combining original thinking and pioneering technology with strategic excellence, seamless delivery and complex logistics, we deliver world-class brand experiences and award-winning live and digital activations to bring our clients’ ideas and objectives to life. Creative + Certain is our genetic code.
We embrace diversity at innovision. And there’s no denying we’re a diverse group of talent, each bringing our own unique skills, collective experiences, aspirations and ideas to the table (and the office) every day. But our purpose is refreshingly simple: to work cohesively – as one – to create the best possible experiences for our clients, building connections between brands, communities and individuals alike.
We pride ourselves on delivering ground-breaking brand experiences our clients; we are looking for someone who wants to work with the best, and be the best and believes in the notion that ‘good enough is not good enough’.
We are offering an opportunity to work for a market leader and a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and ability. Please get in touch with your CV and salary requirements. E-mail your CV to email@example.com, including ‘Technical Production Manager’ and your name within the subject line.